SSI SPECIALTY COURSE
Traverse the kingdom of Poseidon with ease by signing up for the SSI Navigation Specialty Course during your scuba dive. Learn the first principles of navigational patterns compass usage. You also get to learn to independently leave and return to a designated point. After completing the course, you will be awarded with the SSI Navigation Specialty certification.
Tioman island (or Pulau Tioman, as it is known locally) is one of Malaysia's most popular islands with all sorts of tropical marine life.
MV Nautica Tioman
Hop on board to Southern Riau and experience the carefree, leisure diving life on the MV Nautica liveaboard!
MV Nautica Anambas
Hop on board to Anambas Islands and experience the carefree, leisure diving life on the MV Nautica liveaboard!
Looking for more trips and different levels of adventures and challenges? Let us know, we can customize a trip for you!
Navigation Course Essentials
- 1 Open Water Diving Package - 2D2N Tioman Island - Quad Share
- SSI Digital Kit - Search & Recovery
- Instructor Fees
- Certification with e-Card
- Rental of all gear (Except Soft gear & Compass rental)
Navigation Course Components
The SSI Navigation Course consists of (1) Weekend Trip Session.
Navigation provides the skills and concepts required to safely and comfortably navigate underwater during a dive. You will learn how to use a compass and natural navigation techniques, estimate distance, basic navigation patterns and how to leave and return to a designated point.
The course trip will include everything from travel, accommodation, diving and food.
Departs every Friday Evening (around 6pm) and returns every Sunday Nights (Tioman Trip)
Why Learn The Navigation Course
Pilot the seven seas with ease by signing up for the SSI Navigation Specialty Course during your scuba dive.
- Learn the fundamentals of navigational patterns.
- Gain knowledge on the proper usage of the compass.
- Get to learn on how to estimate distances underwater.
- Learn to independently leave and return to a designated point.
- Receive the SSI Navigation Specialty certification upon course completion
Day 1 (Friday)
- Meet at 13 York Hill
- Depart for Mersing Jetty via coach
- Rest stop
- Arrive at Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Tioman via ferry
Day 2 (Saturday)
- Arrive Tioman
- Check in Resort
- Breakfast & Briefing
- 1st Dive
- Lunch on board- Return to resort
- 2nd & 3rd Dive
- Dinner at resort, Log dives & debrief
Day 3 (Sunday)
- 4th & 5th Dive
- Lunch, Log dives & debrief
- Check out from resort & depart for Mersing Jetty via ferry
- Arrive Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Singapore via coach
- Arrive Singapore
The fun doesn’t need to stop there! With just a little more training, you can go even further – imagine diving in underwater shipwrecks, with sharks, or becoming an underwater photographer! It's your chance to move to the next level in your diving adventures.